Quick Gift by: Adri H.
It's tough when you have long hair to find a hat or something that will warm your ears while allowing your hair to easily go through it. Here's a quick pattern to knit a beanie that has a hole large enough to fit your ponytail through it...
What you need:
- ~40 grams to 50 grams of worsted, aran, or slightly bulky weight yarn (I used Caron Simply Soft and Wollmeise Molly)
- 5mm dpns or short length 5mm circs
- Cast on 80 stitches using Cable Cast-on for elasticity... Note: for a larger size CO 84 sts or 88sts, etc... since the pattern is really flexible, just add or decrease in groups of 4 sts to adjust for size.
- Join for working in the round. Work in K2 P2 ribbing until piece measures 5" to 7" depending on how much of your ears/head you want covered.
- Bind off using elastic bind-off.
Shown here in two lengths: the fuchsia measures 5" and the black measures 7"