Thursday, November 11, 2010

Maker's Lament

It's been little over a month since my grandmother passed away, and I'm still reeling from it.  Mostly, it just doesn't seem real.  Then I come across a photo, or a letter (there are many), or think of something I have to tell her, and realize immediately after the stab in my heart, that she's really gone.

I don't usually talk about my personal life on this blog, but this blog is about me making stuff.  And the whole reason I even started making was because my grandma took the time and taught me to crochet, taught me to sew, write calligraphy, and encouraged me to express myself through making.  And now, all I can think of is her absence in the world.  It's going to take a bit of time to get back into things.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just opened this rss after a looong time. So sorry to hear your granma passed. I so understand that she was more than a relative she was a mentor. Use all she taught you, cus she taught you to continue.