Sunday, March 10, 2013

Baby Quilt for Emily

Hello Constant Reader,

This project is actually still a WIP.  The main quilting is done, but we (baby mama, her sister-in-law, and I) plan on filling in the open spaces with some hand-quilting, embroidery, and embellishing.  I just wanted to share with you my latest nearly finished project because it's my first totally improvised quilt!



I used Bella Solids pre-cut 5" squares and a charm pack that was a gift to me.  If anyone can identify it, that would be great.  I couldn't find the specific collection.  The backing is an all-over floral print from Free Spirit, a collection called Summersault, and the fabric is "pinwheels" in apricot.

Although the half-square triangles that make up the big diamond motif were slightly larger than the 4x4 squares, I made it work.  And, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out!



I'm hoping my friend's baby likes it as much as I do!

No comments: