Monday, March 18, 2013

My First Knitting Machine

Thank you super-much, Victor.


A friend of mine was generous enough to give me his knitting machine.  Yes, he gave it to me!  So generous!!

Turns out he never got the chance to run it.  The machine's history is somewhat blurry, as it was given as a gift, and handed over from one person to the next until it landed in my studio.  My hands still hurt from carrying the heavy case, but in my excitement, I didn't feel it.  The only hitch- Empisal Knitmaster 324 came without a manual.

I found lots of great resources that probably didn't exist a few years back, and I found the manual for the 326 which is very similar.  It's adorable!  It's really easy to put together, and it's incredibly dusty.  I'll have to take it apart and clean it, then put it back together.  But, before I invested time into doing that, I couldn't help myself.  I knit a swatch.

Here it is.  My first knitting machine swatch.


So excited!  Do any of you have knitting machines?  Do you have any tips on how to clean it?

2 comments:

Bollo said...

Hi I have an empisal knitmaster 324 it's a lovely machine and I have a manuel. I have cleaned mine with LP1 if you go on utube there are many videos showing you step by step what to use and how to clean it. That's what I did. If I an help at all I will although from the sample it looks as if you new machine knits beautifully.
All the best
Linda.

Bollo said...

Hi I have an empisal knitmaster 324 it's a lovely machine and I have a manuel. I have cleaned mine with LP1 if you go on utube there are many videos showing you step by step what to use and how to clean it. That's what I did. If I an help at all I will although from the sample it looks as if you new machine knits beautifully.
All the best
Linda.