Thursday, December 6, 2012

WIPS: quilt, sew, knit...

Just to fill you in on projects from earlier this year.  My 2012 resolutions still stand for the most part, and my biggest gap is that I may not be able to finish this quilt in time!

Here's my progress so far...



I'm so close, right?  Since I took this photo, I've already stitched in the ditch 60%, but the free-motion quilting remains to be done as does the binding.  I'll keep you posted!

In knitting, I've finished the final worsted weight project in a line for boys' knitted garments... a cute 2-color shawl collar pullover.  It's still blocking and drying.


I'm also halfway through the body of a knitted vest design I'm working on... but more pressing deadlines have taken over since the vest will be a self-published project.


And in the sewing world, I started to lay out the couture dress from Susan Khalje's Craftsy course, but am thinking the full skirt is too full.  So, I embarked upon self-drafting my very own half-circle skirt!  Why not?



3 comments:

niddetissus said...

The quilt is looking good!

adriprints said...

Thanks! It's my first big quilt. :)

Ruth said...

Busy busy.
I love your quilt - it looks so complicated to me.