Sunday, February 5, 2012

Block of the Month: February

 This month's Craftsy BOM blocks were puzzle blocks.  They were a lot of fun to make, and it was a good chance to use up little scraps from my stash -- a win on both fronts.  Special thanks to Emma who gave me most of the fabric (except the batik blue) I used for the Chunky Chevron.

Balkan Beat Blox in progress

Balkan Beat Blox Complete
Fabric references:
Balkan Beat Blox uses the white scraps from the Simplicity New Look dress made out of IKEA cottn fabric (fabric design by Malin Akerblom) that I made last year.  The dark blue is from the Bombshell Dress, and the brown and yellow floral came from a fat quarter purchase from my former LQS in Munich (Quilt et Textilkunst).  That fabric is called "Dark Organic Leaves" from Art Gallery Fabrics's Naturella collection.

Chunky Chevron w/funky postcards from my friends


chunky chevron close-up

Fabric references:
Chunky Chevron uses the dark blue batik scraps from this Butterick skirt.  The red  and yellow are both from Kokka Fabric.  The yellow Forest Animals print is called "Trefle" and I couldn't find a name for the red.

No comments: